Der offizielle website des Tales Chamonix - Son. 5 Juli - 06:28
Chinese versionRussian versionVersión españolaDeutsche Versionversione italianaenglish versionversion française

Maison de la Mémoire et du Patrimoine


90 rue des Moulins
74400 Chamonix-Mont-Blanc

Tel : +33(0)4 50 54 78 55

RatesAdult: 3 €.
Reduced fare upon presentation of the voucher : 2,00 €.
( Guest card, resident, seasonal, senior, student, local, large family, disabled).

Opening timesFrom 04/11 to 2015/05/24, daily.
Closed exceptionally on May 1st.
Maison de la Mémoire et du PatrimoineMaison de la Mémoire et du PatrimoineMaison de la Mémoire et du Patrimoine
A living and open place that welcomes visitors, the Maison de la Mémoire et du Patrimoine [Heritage Centre] is designed to allow everyone to familiarise themselves with the heritage of Chamonix Mont Blanc Valley and to make it their own.
The building was opened in 1828, when it was called the “Maison des Sœurs”, because it was built to house a girls’ school run by two Sisters of Charity of La Roche-sur-Foron. The school was closed in 1831.

In the early 20th century, Denise Eugénie Tisserand inherited the house, and she married Anselme Claudius Baud. At that time, the building took its owner’s name and was called “Maison Baud” [the “Baud House”]. Their only daughter Marcelle, a Sister of Charity, donated the house to her congregation (the Sisters of Charity of La Roche-sur-Foron) in 1971.

The Chamonix-Mont-Blanc municipal authority acquired the Maison Baud in 2002. In 2006, a fire destroyed a part of Rue des Moulins, including the house. It was decided to reconstruct the building by keeping only the external walls. It is in a characteristic regional architectural style, with very simple volumes and a typical three-slope roof, forming a large overhang over the entrance on Rue des Moulins. The building recalls the typical style of old farmhouses in Haute Savoie.

In 2006, the Municipal Council decided to renovate the building, but did not rule on the final intended use of the internal spaces. From 2009 to the summer of 2010, the Culture Commission examined the possible new uses for the Maison Baud. It finally decided to use it as a Memory and Heritage Centre.

This house is a centre for:
- conservation of sound, oral and photographic archives collected by the town’s Memory Preservation department
- highlighting memory and heritage through interpretative exhibitions and cultural actions
- consultation and research: a document resource centre available to everyone
- a participative project


bus59m : Arrêt Bus - Place du Mont-Blanc Marché (info bus - PDF)
136m : Arrêt Bus - Mummery Place du Mont-Blanc (info bus - PDF)
train311m : Gare SNCF - Chamonix (info train - PDF)
549m : Arrêt SNCF - Aiguille du Midi (info train - PDF)
remonteecremaillere439m : Départ Mer de Glace et train du Montenvers
580m : Départ Téléphérique du Brévent
699m : Départ Téléphérique de l'Aiguille du Midi
753m : Départ Télésiège des Planards
2 198m : Départ Téléphérique de la Flégère
Office de tourisme221m : Office de Tourisme de Chamonix

Finden Sie alle Chamonix...


Fremdesverkehrsbüro von Chamonix

Email :
Tel : +33(0)4 50 53 00 24

Buchung :


- Free WiFi
- Tourismus und Behinderung
- On-line Shop
- Download unserer Broschüren
- Qualitätsverpflichtung (PDF)
- Satisfaction survey

Praktische Informationen

Seil und bergbahnen

Auf Ihrem Handy

- Chamonix :

iPhone - Android - iPad

- Itinerio :

iPhone - Android

Auf unseren sozialen Netzwerken

facebook chamonix twitter chamonix google+ chamonix youtube chamonix instagram chamonix pinterest chamonixMitglied in der Community Chamonix formale Netzwerke des Chamonix Valley!


PhotothèqueVisit our brand new photo gallery !