The library is located in the Maison de l'Alpage. There, you'll find 5.400 books and a floor dedicated to children.
DescriptionYou'll find there:
- A quiet reading area
- A meeting, informative and free consult corner.
- Different activities such as exhibitions, author's welcome, tale reading...
- The possibility to order a book from the Savoie-biblio in Annecy (deposit once a month)
- A resource center on the pasturage with 300 publications (books, journals...)
Reduced price: 14 €
Season pass for adult: 28 €.
Subscription valid for all the library within the Valley of Chamonix.
Temporary subscription (3 weeks): €7
Free of charge for children under 18 living in the valley or going to school in the valley.
Every day throughout the year
Opening hours on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday between 3 pm and 6.30 pm. On Wednesday between 10 am and 12 pm and between 3 pm and 6.30 pm. On Saturday between 10 am and 12 pm.
Closed Monday and Sunday.
Closed exceptionally on January 1st, Easter Monday, Feast of the Ascension, Whit Monday, May 1st, May 8th, July 14th, August 15th, November 1st, November 11th and December 25th.
Facilities and services
- Animals non accepted
- Exhibition space
Special information :
Please respect some rules when coming:
- Wearing a mask is compulsory when over 11 years old.
- Number of people present in the library limited to 6.
- The library will closed 15 minutes early in order to desinfect and clen properly the premises.
- As the number of person is limited, no reading permitted on site.
You can still continue to book your documents online and withdraw them at the library at our opening hours.