Good to know
- Flight to Mont Blanc country brochure
- Flights and take off forbidden in Mont-Blanc side in July and August
- Plan on appropriate summer and winter equipment (gloves, good shoes, jacket, pants).
- Flying free means flying with respect for the environment, respecting the air space and its rules, and respecting others.
- Flight possible throughout the Chamonix Valley!
- Year-round activity!
Practice : paragliding
Orientation : south
Observations/dangers: take off necessarily on the crest, Les Houches side because the limit of the nature reserve of Carlaveyron.
DescriptionFlight conditions: best by the end of the morning / beginning of the afternoon.
Dangers / Difficulties:
- Inflating the glider is often awkward as the launch is on a camber & the slope drops away quickly causing a small rotor on the ground where the glider is prepared.
- The aerology of the site is somewhat unusual in the thermodynamic conditions.
- The whole site is at the limit of a large rotor generated by the plateau of Coupeau (situated to the right of take off) – avoid this zone. To the left of take off the Western shoulder of the Merlet animal park offers good soaring conditions.
Level: confirmed to cross pilot.
Landing: Cachat's gravel. Be careful! Very technical landing: the gravel is not always free for landing due to the works going on there. Next to the Arve torrent.
Specific rules: avoid flying above the animal park in order to not disturb the animals and avoid any conflicts with the owners.
All year round.
Subject to favorable weather.