Good to know
- Mount Dolent (3823 m) is the peak common to France, Switzerland and Italy and you can see it clearly from the Grands Montets peak.
- Tour of the Mont Blanc: Trek of 170 km and seven to ten days of walking
- The Mont Blanc range extends over 400 kmÂ² and three countries: France, Italy and Switzerland
- 24 mountain peaks at more than 4000 m in the Mont Blanc range
- The third most frequented natural site in the world
- Jacques Balmat and Doctor Paccard first climbed Mont Blanc on 8 August 1786
The ArgentiÃ¨re glacier is located in the Mont Blanc massif. It overlooks the village of ArgentiÃ¨re.
DescriptionA hundred years ago, the glacier came all the way down to the temple in ArgentiÃ¨re at 1.250m. For several years now, the terminal section of the glacier which is at roughly 1.600m high, has separated from the rest of the glacier which lays at 1.900m high.