Good to know
- Mount Dolent (3823 m) is the peak common to France, Switzerland and Italy and you can see it clearly from the Grands Montets peak.
- Tour of the Mont Blanc: Trek of 170 km and seven to ten days of walking
- The Mont Blanc range extends over 400 km² and three countries: France, Italy and Switzerland
- 24 mountain peaks at more than 4000 m in the Mont Blanc range
- The third most frequented natural site in the world
- Jacques Balmat and Doctor Paccard first climbed Mont Blanc on 8 August 1786
The Argentière glacier is located in the Mont Blanc massif. It overlooks the village of Argentière.
DescriptionA hundred years ago, the glacier came all the way down to the temple in Argentière at 1.250m. For several years now, the terminal section of the glacier which is at roughly 1.600m high, has separated from the rest of the glacier which lays at 1.900m high.