This centre showcases the oral and photographic archives collected by the Archives Municipales and also serves as a documentary resource facility.
Spring / summer 2021 special information :
In accordance with government decisions related to COVID-19, the Montagnard Museum is closed.
We will inform you of the opening date and visiting conditions as soon as possible
DescriptionThe Maison de la Mémoire and du Patrimoine is a centre for:
- conserving sound, oral and photographic archives collected by the town’s "Memory Preservation" department
- highlighting memory and heritage through interpretative exhibitions and cultural actions
- consultation and research: a documentary resource centre open to everyone, including a library and a historical photo library (database that can be consulted on-site).
The centre is likely to evolve thanks to contributions and the active involvement of the inhabitants of Chamonix. Everyone in the Valley probably owns documents that could potentially feed into an exhibition or the archives.
To enrich the town's archives, you can either donate or lend your items, which will then be classified, inventoried, scanned and then showcased in the historical photo library, or at exhibitions and events. Please contact us fo further information.
Full price: 4 €
Reduced price: 3 € (Guest, resident, seasonal, senior, student, local, large family, disabled card holders).)
Group adults: Free for group guide.
Group children: Free for group guide.
Free entry for children < 18 years.
MUSEUM PASS - 12€: unlimited access for 1 year to the museums of the Valley of Chamonix: Maison de l'Alpage et Maison du Lieutenant in Servoz, Musée Montagnard in Les Houches, Musée Alpin and Maison de la Mémoire et du Patrimoine in Chamonix and finally Maison Barberine in Vallorcine.
For sale at the entrance of the museums; bring your ViaCham card and an ID photo.
All year round, every Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Closed exceptionally on January 1st, May 1st and December 25th.
- July / August : from 10:00 to 13:00 and 14:00pm to 18:00.
- During French school holidays : 10:00 to 12:00 and 14:00 to 18:00
- Outside French school holidays : 14:00 to 18:00.
Canceled or closed because of Covid-19.
Facilities and services
- Animals non accepted
- Exhibition space