Good to know
- Mount Dolent (3823 m) is the peak common to France, Switzerland and Italy and you can see it clearly from the Grands Montets peak.
- Tour of the Mont Blanc: Trek of 170 km and seven to ten days of walking
- The Mont Blanc range extends over 400 km² and three countries: France, Italy and Switzerland
- 24 mountain peaks at more than 4000 m in the Mont Blanc range
- The third most frequented natural site in the world
- Jacques Balmat and Doctor Paccard first climbed Mont Blanc on 8 August 1786
The Col des Montets is a pass linking the Chamonix Valley and Vallorcine, located at the border with the Swiss Valais. It peaks at 1,461 meters.
DescriptionAt the top of this pass you'll find the chalet of the Aiguilles Rouges nature reserve and a botanical trail where you'll discover the flora and fauna of the Alps.