Special information for summer season 2020 :
Opening on the 22nd of May 2020.
How your visit is organized:
- Only individuals can visit the museum (no groups), number of visitors limited to 10 within the museum.
- The visitors wait outside the building and respect the social distanciation.
- The receptionist regulates the number of people inside the museum and makes sure all the sanitary rules are respected inside the museum.
- The lockers are not accessible.
- All cultural activities (guided tour, cultural program...) are cancelled until further notice. They will be put in place progressively according to national recommendations.
- Wearing a mask is compulsory
- Hydro alcoholic gel is at the visitor's disposal at the entrance of the museum. Mandatory use of it when entering the museum or before consulting the books.
- Please opt for payment by credit card.
- Plexiglas protection are in place at the welcoming desk.
- The digital and interactive devices (touch screens...) of the museum are turned off until further notice.
A living and open place that welcomes visitors, the Maison de la Mémoire et du Patrimoine [Heritage Centre] is designed to allow everyone to familiarise themselves with the heritage of Chamonix Mont Blanc Valley and to make it their own.
DescriptionThis house is a centre for:
- conservation of sound, oral and photographic archives collected by the town’s Memory Preservation department
- highlighting memory and heritage through interpretative exhibitions and cultural actions
- consultation and research: a document resource centre available to everyone
- a participative project
This house will evolve thanks to the contribution and the active participation of the inhabitants of Chamonix. Each person of the valley is very likely to have documents that could complete an exhibition or the archival fonds. To enrich the archives of the town you can either donate or leave on deposit. Do not hesitate to contact us for any further information.
TEMPORARY EXHIBITION "Three centuries of touristic photography in Chamonix" 19th of December 2019 - 27th of September 2020
Guided tours in English, on Thursdays at 4pm. Reservation : + 33(0)4 50 54 78 55
Full price: 4 €
Reduced price: 3 € (Guest, resident, seasonal, senior, student, local, large family, disabled card holders).)
Group adults: Free for group guide.
Group children: Free for group guide.
Free entry for children < 18 years.
MUSEUM PASS - 12€: unlimited access for 1 year to the museums of the Valley of Chamonix: Maison de l'Alpage et Maison du Lieutenant in Servoz, Musée Montagnard in Les Houches, Musée Alpin and Maison de la Mémoire et du Patrimoine in Chamonix and finally Maison Barberine in Vallorcine.
For sale at the entrance of the museums; bring your ViaCham card and an ID photo.
From 02/07 to 30/08/2020
Opening hours on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday between 10 am and 1 pm and between 2 pm and 5.30 pm.
From 03/09 to 27/09/2020, every Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday between 2 pm and 5.30 pm.
Facilities and services
- Animals non accepted
- Exhibition space